X Day Highlights: Here's What Happened
Published 9th November 2022 by MSV Team
Exactly one week ago, the community met in the beautiful Palais Brongniart to embark on a three-day journey of mingling, networking, inspiring talks, and multiple announcements. From announcing a new name and vision - MultiversX - to hearing from various industry leaders and Beniamin Mincu, it is clear that the first-ever X Day delivered valuable insights and critical next steps for growth and mass adoption of the blockchain.
Elrond Transforms and Rebrands into MultiversX
After much anticipation, we found out what the "X" in "X Day" meant all this time. Namely, the ten, or X in roman numerals, new products launching under Elrond's newly announced vision - MultiversX.
On day 1 of the conference, Beniamin Mincu wasted no time presenting the new strategy to the community. Followed by multiple sessions after, the team thoroughly explained what we could all expect from MultiversX.
MultiversX aims to be a highly scalable, secure, and decentralized blockchain network created to enable new applications for users, businesses, society, and the new metaverse. Focusing its efforts around a newly defined metaverse, which looks towards integrating various services in one space, the team is developing the following ten new products to support projects and builders to grow and spearhead its developments continuously:
- xFabric - A new product that will act as a sovereign blockchain module supporting core blockchain applications.
- xPortal - Perhaps the most important and anticipated new product. xPortal is the portal to the metaverse and will aim to increase the number of MultiversX users to 1 billion by rebuilding the currently known Maiar App. The portal will allow you to create an avatar and track all your tokens, switch between wallets seamlessly, include a social feature, and give accessibility to anyone in the world, wherever they may be.
- xWorlds - More details will be revealed soon, but the team already announced that it xWorlds will be the first Metaverse planet of this new world.
- xMoney (Crypto) - Will allow users to make high-speed and seamless crypto payments.
- xMoney (Fiat) - Enables online payments at the most competitive rates.
- xWallet - This aims to allow users to send money as quickly and quickly as a message.
- xExchange - The Maiar.Exchange becomes the xExchange. The newly updated product will introduce a feature that allows users to receive energy based on locked $LKMEX. For example, the more $LKMEX you lock, the more energy you get.
- xSpotlight - This will replace what we currently know as Inspire.art. The already successful platform received excellent community feedback. xSpotlight will ride on the wave of success as well as add more features to showcase the community and their work.
- xLaunchpad - MultiversX plans to introduce more launchpads, such as the Morningstar Ventures-powered EGLD Launchpad. In the future, $LKMEX investors will be able to take part in launchpads corresponding to their LockedMEX holdings, and similar to the past, holding $EGLD stake will provide users access to the Launchpad.
- xBridges - Formerly known as Ad-Astra, the team will start supporting BNB Chain with more BEP20 and ERC20 assets. The DEX will also allow for more pairs.
With the rollout of these ten new products, MultiversX will solve the two fundamental problems standing in the way of widespread, global adoption of Web3. This new vision will allow for a transition from dial-up to broadband and a significant UX redesign.
For more information on the upcoming MultiversX products, read the EGLD Community overview ➡️ here
Speakers, Panel Discussions, and more Announcements
Over 42 speakers and panelists inspired the community with their thoughts and knowledge throughout the conference. Projects such as AshSwap, Holoride, Age of Zalmoxis, and Cantina Royale took the audience through future roadmap plans and showed demos of their respective teams' work. Panels topics included Blockchain, Web3, the Metaverse, Era of Autonomous Banking, NFTs in the Metaverse, and more.
Our co-founder and CEO, Danilo S. Carlucci, kicked off the second day with his Keynote speech and also announced several upcoming Morningstar Ventures initiatives and launches, including:
- ELGD Launchpad
- Brainiax - Subscribe today
- Maneki Neko - Subscribe today
- EXBI- Subscribe today
- Secret Dubai Art Project - Announced end 2022
- Educational & Academia Project - Announced in 2023
- AI & Big Data Project - Announced in 2023
Keep an eye out for upcoming announcements in our newsletters and social channels.
🎥 Hear what Danilo’s had to say during his X Day keynote, watch the video
X Day Award Winners
The awards ceremony on Saturday evening brought X Day to a close with a bang! Before the conference, community members could vote for their favorite projects on the EGLD Community platform. Here are all the projects that received an award and were recognized by the community:
- Best Designed Project - Elrond Apes
- Best NFT Project - Elrond Apes
- Best Real World Applicable Project - QoWatt
- Best Social Impact Project - Aquaverse
- Best Tech Project - Holoride
- Most Community Centric Project - Together4Victor
- Most Creative Project - Club Gorgon
- Most Entertaining Project - Cantina Royale
- Most Valuable Developer Evangelist - Martin Wagner
- Most Valuable Community Builder - Razvan Statescu
- Most Valuable Investor - Morningstar Ventures
Morningstar Ventures at X Day & Most Impactful Investor Award
Morningstar Ventures was well represented at the conference, with almost the whole team present. As platinum partners, we had the chance to welcome conference attendees and other partners at our booth, where we thoroughly enjoyed getting to know like-minded builders and MultiversX community members. Meeting everyone in person and seeing the passion amongst the community is a true testament to the tremendous potential MultiversX has yet to see come.
We are also very humbled and thankful to the MultiversX team for voting us "The Most Impactful Investor!" Like all other X Day Award winners and other conference projects, we are a start-up building and growing day by day, person by person. We are currently 27 unique individuals bringing different skills to the team; we're always looking for like-minded team members who show passion and grit for the ecosystem!
Thank you to the MultiversX team for bringing us all together and to the community for your endless enthusiasm and support!
Until next time,
The Morningstar Ventures Team